Leading professional services organisation seek Financial Accountant to join their Central Finance team in Milton Keynes.
Reporting to and working closely with the Finance Director, you will take responsibility for the provision of financial and management information for the LLP business. The role will be interesting and sometimes complex as you will be joining a business that is growing both organically and by acquisition.
The successful candidate must be highly competent in all aspects of core financial accounting with previous relevant practical experience in a similar role. Extensive VAT experience is required and any previous Group Accounting experience is advantageous. Excellent communication skills at all business levels is a pre-requisite especially as you will be communicating with Partners within the business.
- Responsible for the provision of financial and management information for the business
- Quarterly Group VAT return and EC Sales Lists
- Daily bank reconciliation for main LLP bank account
- Fixed asset ledger maintenance
- Month end reporting procedures including posting of all journals, cash books and account reconciliations, group management accounts and utilisation report
- Provision of the daily group cash balances sheet to the Finance Director and Board
- Provision of monthly and quarterly general ledger analysis to department heads
- Preparation of year end schedules and liaison with auditors
- Aid in the preparation of central budgets, the Group consolidation and inputting into the accounting system
- Twice monthly BAC's payment run reviews and bank authorisation
- Monthly intercompany invoicing and reconciliations
- Payment of pensions to retired partners including quarterly
- Completion of Companies House forms and ensuring filing deadlines are met
- Provide cover for the production and collation of the office WIP and debtors provisions
- Provide cover for the production of the Monthly Statement, Quarterly cash flow forecast and Partners KPI's
- Provide cover for the Group Companies Financial Accountant on all group companies
- Ad hoc projects where necessary.
- ACA/ACCA qualified accountant - finalists and candidates deemed qualified by experience will also be considered
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role with comprehensive Financial Accounting knowledge together with extensive VAT experience. Previous Group Accounting experience is also beneficial.
- IT literate - Excel, Word and SAP (although SAP not essential)
- Positive and proactive approach always happy to get involved in areas that are not under remit
- Ability to prioritise own workload to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff across the group up to and including Partner level
- Previous experience working in a professional services environment with partnership / LLP sector experience beneficial but by no means essential.
First interviews planned to be held on Friday 20th May 2016.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16342