Leading professional services organisation seek Financial Accountant to join their Central Finance team in Milton Keynes.
Reporting to and working closely with the Finance Director, you will take responsibility for the provision of financial and management information for the LLP business. The role will be interesting and sometimes complex as you will be joining a business that is growing both organically and by acquisition.
The successful candidate must be highly competent in all aspects of core financial accounting with previous relevant practical experience in a similar role. Extensive VAT knowledge is required and any previous Group Accounting experience is advantageous. Excellent communication skills at all business levels is a pre-requisite especially as you will be communicating with Partners within the business.
- Responsible for the provision of financial and management information for the business
- Daily bank reconciliation for main LLP bank account
- Provision of the daily group cash balances sheet to the Finance Director and Board
- Manage day to day bank relationship with Lloyds including but not limited to all bank mandates, direct debits, standing orders, bank transfers, etc.
- Month end reporting procedures including posting of all journals, cash books and account reconciliations, group management accounts and utilisation report
- Provide cover for the production and recording of the credit, WIP and debtors provisions
- Provide cover for the production of the Monthly Statement, Quarterly cash flow forecast and Partners KPI's
- Quarterly Group VAT return and EC Sales Lists
- Twice monthly BAC's payment run reviews and bank authorisation
- Monthly intercompany invoicing and reconciliations
- Fixed asset ledger maintenance for LLP
- Ad hoc invoicing including those to office subtenants and debt collection
- Provision of monthly/quarterly general ledger analysis
- Completion of Companies House forms and ensuring filing deadlines are met
- Production of ONS statistics for listed companies by given deadline
- Aid in the preparation of Central budgets, the Group consolidation and inputting into the accounting system
- Dealing with the day to day insurance needs of the group
- Payment of pensions to retired partners including quarterly journals and liaising with auditors for year end report
- Preparation of year end schedules and liaison with auditors
- Creation of process notes for all elements of job
- Ad hoc projects where necessary.
- Qualified or Finalist (ACA / ACCA) or Qualified By Experience (QBE) accountant
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role to include extensive VAT knowledge, bank reconciliations and comprehensive financial accounting knowledge
- Previous Group Accounting experience is also advantageous but by no means essential
- IT literate - Excel, Word and SAP (although SAP not essential)
- Positive and proactive attitude - constantly looking for efficiencies and ways to implement, happy to get involved in areas that are not under remit and work the necessary hours to complete tasks
- Ability to prioritise own workload to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff across the group up to and including Partner level
- Previous experience working in a professional services environment with partnership / LLP sector experience beneficial but by no means essential.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Bonus scheme, paid annually
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16481