This national PLC retailer, with its head office based in Leicester, is now looking for a Financial Accountant to work closely with the CFO and Financial Controller to take ownership for statutory reporting and financial accounting for the PLC. This role would suit either an experienced qualified Financial Accountant or an accountancy professional working in accountancy practice looking for their first move into commerce and industry.
- Completion of statutory accounts
- Liaising with pension providers for actuarial valuations.
- Liaising with tax advisors and checking figures for tax computations
- Running fixed asset models and posting journals.
- Liaising with Auditors and providing them with backing for the accounts - sign off of 4 sets of PLC accounts and 3 sets of other accounts
- Liaising with the designers and internal marketing department to produce glossy set of accounts
- Corporation tax - quarterly return calculations and raising payments
- VAT Return for UK and ROI and returns for trading through Amazon
- Turnover certificates.
- Office for national statistics forms - completing returns which require statutory accounts information and checking forms with retail sales information
- Checking/completing weekly trading pack
- Completing working papers for accruals and prepayments
- Month end cash flow
- Various ad hoc duties
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently when required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Qualified accountant - ACCA / ACA, ideally from a practice background
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Good benefits
- A working environment with a strong work / life balance
- Relaxed culture
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17524