Leading professional services organisation seek Financial Accountant to join their Central Finance team in Milton Keynes.
Reporting to and working closely with the Finance Director, as Financial Accountant you will take responsibility for the provision of financial and management information for the LLP business. The role will be interesting and sometimes complex as you will be joining a business that is growing both organically and by acquisition.
The successful candidate must be highly competent in all aspects of core financial accounting with previous relevant practical experience in a similar role. Extensive VAT knowledge is required and any previous Group Accounting experience is advantageous. Excellent communication skills at all business levels is a prerequisite especially as you will be communicating with Partners within the business.
The successful candidate can be Qualified or Part Qualified (ACA / ACCA) or indeed Qualified By Experience (QBE).
- Provision of financial and management accounting information for the business
- Daily bank reconciliation for main LLP bank account
- Provision of the daily Group cash balances to Finance Director and Board
- Manage day to day bank relationship including but not limited to all bank mandates, direct debits, standing orders, bank transfers, etc.
- Month end reporting procedures including Journals, Cashbook and Account Reconciliations
- Group Management Accounts and Utilisation report
- Quarterly Group VAT return and EC Sales Lists
- Twice monthly BACS payment run reviews and bank authorisation
- Monthly inter-company invoicing and reconciliations
- Fixed asset ledger maintenance for LLP
- Ad hoc invoicing including those to office subtenants and debt collection
- Aid in the preparation of Central budgets, the Group consolidation and inputting into the accounting system
- Provide cover for the production and recording of the credit, WIP and debtors provisions
- Provide cover for the production of the Monthly Statement, Quarterly cash flow forecast and Partner KPI's
- Provision of monthly/quarterly general ledger analysis
- Preparation of year end schedules and liaison with auditors
- Completion of Companies House forms and production of ONS statistics
- Payment of Pensions
- Liaising with auditors for year end report
- Ad hoc projects where necessary.
- Qualified or Part Qualified (ACA / ACCA) or Qualified By Experience (QBE)
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role to include extensive VAT knowledge, bank reconciliations and comprehensive financial accounting knowledge
- Previous Group Accounting experience is also advantageous but by no means essential
- Good IT skills - Excel, Word and SAP (although SAP not essential)
- Positive and proactive attitude with a willingness to get involved in areas that are not under remit
- Ability to prioritise own workload to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff across the group up to and including Partner level
- Any previous experience working in a professional services environment with partnership / LLP sector experience is beneficial but by no means essential.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Bonus scheme, paid annually
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialise in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/17538