A rare opportunity to join this global law firm with over 40 partners and offices throughout the UK. The firm seeks an experienced Financial Accountant to be responsible for providing financial statements and reporting for the firm in their offices in central Birmingham.
This role would suit a Financial Accountant working within the professional services sector or would be a great opportunity for a qualified, accountancy practice professional, looking for that first move into commerce and industry.
Reporting to the Group Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for principal accountabilities that will include quarterly reporting, analysis, audit and tax compliance and producing financial statements.
- Prepare the firms financial statements including year-end reporting, audit and tax support to the Group Financial Accountant, and to deliver regulatory financial information
- Complete a full set of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, identifying any issues and implementing changes to ensure issues are resolved
- Produce monthly updates of the fixed asset register and resolution of capital issues
- Complete the quarterly VAT return
- Take ownership of the end to end payroll process for the form, including payment and reconciliation
- Contribute to overall governance, regulatory and administrative requirements and other regulatory returns
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Finance, Group Finance team members and other group functions to support the firm and business in the delivery of high quality internal and external service
What we are looking for:
- A Chartered Accountant, professional qualification or relevant equivalent, and degree level education
- Taxation experience
- Strong IT skills - MS Excel (e.g. Pivot tables, Vlookup and charts), Word and other reporting tools
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Experience of working to tight, statutory deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate professional integrity
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary dependent on qualification and experience
- 26 days annual holiday plus statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Reimbursement of membership fees to professional bodies required for the role
Interested? Apply today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialise in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18597