The Financial and Project Accountant is primarily responsible for the largest legal entity within this group of businesses, with a turnover more than £150M. The Financial and Project Accountant ensures that all financial reporting is performed to deadlines, including full P&L and management accounts.
The reporting is completed quarterly which allows for various projects to be undertaken. This would probably suit afinancial accountant who wants to step back from the "monthly grind" and get stuck into a number of projects to increase business performance and process.
The company is a large family-owned manufacturer operating throughout the UK based in Northampton, steeped in history and traditional values with a modern and entrepreneurial mentality. They have a keen interest in supporting small and local UK businesses, in terms of sourcing supplies and trading with own-label customers and wholesalers.
This requirement is suitable for a technically and commercially strong accountant from industry or for an accountancy practice professional looking for that first-time move from practice and is eager to broaden their exposure and develop within an impressive value-oriented family run company.
- Responsibility of the financial control of the largest legal entity within the group
- Producing quarterly profit and loss accounts and balance sheet
- Quarterly management accounts
- Project management and control. Review of current policy and procedure and implementation of recommendations
- Preparation of reports
- Reconciling control accounts
- Accruals and prepayments
- Cashbook control and reconciliation
- Analysis and production costs and wages
- Headcount costs and reporting
- Providing system support
- Audit preparation and adjustments
- Monthly VAT returns including EC sales and purchases
What we are looking for:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Strong technical background with broad exposure in accounts preparation
- Exposure to project assignments would be useful
- Experience of VAT
- Good attention to detail and excellent time management in meeting deadlines
- Proficient in the use of IT systems such as Excel
What is on offer:
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience
- Other benefits
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22937 - Financial and Project Accountant