The Financial and Project Accountant is primarily responsible for the largest legal entity within this group of businesses, with a turnover of more than £150M.
This large family-owned manufacturer based in Northampton, is steeped in history and traditional values with a modern and entrepreneurial mentality. They have a keen interest in supporting small and local UK businesses, in terms of sourcing supplies and trading with own-label customers and wholesalers.
The Financial and Project Accountant will ensure that all financial reporting is performed to deadlines, including full P&L and management accounts. Reporting to the Group Accountant, this role is crucial to the forward-thinking strategies of the business, as they seek to add-value in the day-to-day controls and procedures, providing recommendations and striving for the most efficient financial processes.
This requirement would be fantastic for a technically strong ACCA/ACA qualified accountant looking for their first-time move from practice or an accountant from industry that is eager to broaden their exposure and develop within an impressive value-oriented family run company.
- Responsibility of the financial control of the largest legal entity within the group
- Producing quarterly profit and loss accounts, balance sheet & management accounts
- Project management and control, review of current policies and procedures
- Provide recommendation for processes and procedures, implementing new policies across the team
- Ensure Financial Reporting is completed to deadlines
- Reconciling control accounts
- Journals, accruals and prepayments
- Cashbook control and reconciliation
- Analysis and production costs and wages
- Headcount costs and reporting
- Providing system support
- Audit preparation and adjustments
- Monthly VAT returns including EC sales and purchases
What we are looking for:
- ACCA, ACA qualified accountant
- Strong technical background with broad exposure in accounts preparation
- Experience of VAT - preparation of data and submissions
- Good attention to detail and excellent time management in meeting deadlines
- Strong IT skills including Excel, any ERP systems experience (Oracle, SAP, QuickBooks, Sage, Xero etc)
What is on offer:
- Salary in the region of £50,000 to £55,000
- Other benefits
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/221012 - Financial and Project Accountant