This value led, not-for-profit association, strives to build a safer environment for us to live and work. There is a strong culture of empowerment and autonomy in making a difference to the organisation and the wider community.
The association, based in the Cotswolds, is looking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller to manage the finance team and report directly to the Managing Director. Working closely with colleagues across the business the scope of the role will encompass everything from completing monthly management accounts to other weekly/monthly MI reporting as well as assisting the management team with preparing budgets.
The Financial Controller will need to be very hands-on and not afraid of doing more routine or ad-hoc tasks as and when the need arises.
- Lead and manage the efficient operation of the finance team
- Manage the production of monthly management accounts, statutory accounts and other statutory returns as well as overseeing PAYE, debt management and supplier payments
- Develop and implement a robust and streamlined budgeting process.
- Act as a mentor to non-financially trained internal stakeholders and staff to improve their commercial skills and operational performance
- Provide an input to the organisations long terms strategic plan including the commercial framework and financial requirements implicit in these plans.
- Determine the organisations' non-financial key performance indicators
- Implement, manage, and enforce Financial Controls across the business
- Help to grow the business profitably including setting desired minimum margins for each business stream
- Define and agree the approach to project costing
- Line management responsibility for Financial Accountant and at least 4 Finance Assistants.
Key attributes to success:
- Highly organised with good time management skills and ability to organise own workload with a can-do attitude
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of transactional accounting
- Operational and strategic management, including analytical skills, report writing and marketing
- Demonstrable experience of introducing improved business models, processes and best practice
- Detailed knowledge of commercial contracts & financial, analytical, forecasting and budgetary skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead, coach and manage multi-disciplined staff
- Calm and professional disposition and ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines with a flexible approach to changing priorities
What's on offer:
- Generous starting salary
- 12.5% discretionary bonus
- Company pension matched on a 2:1 basis up to 10%
- Private medical care
- Free use of our gym/leisure facilities,
- 27 days holiday not including bank holidays
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22918 - Financial Controller