Exciting opportunity for senior finance professional to business partner and take ownership of the finance function of a successful engineering subsidiary.
We are pleased to be working exclusively with an established subsidiary of a US engineering and technology organisation that operate globally within the automotive sector. They seek an experienced senior finance professional / Financial Controller (FD Designate) to manage all aspects of financial & management accounting, reporting and control for the business. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller (FD Designate) will also act to provide financial business partnering to other areas of the business including sales, marketing, engineering and operations.
This all-encompassing role offers the opportunity to take ownership of the finance function of what is effectively an SME business whilst also reporting, integrating and gaining exposure to a larger global corporate environment. This rare opportunity therefore provides an array of long term future career progression opportunities.
It should be noted that this role will primarily be based in Buckinghamshire (West) but will also require travel to the EMEA head office in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
- Control and Manage all financial elements of the business ensuring all fiscal and legal obligations are satisfied
- Provide financial business partnering to sales, marketing, engineering, HR and operations to ensure best decision are taken for optimum business performance
- Lead and participate in all financial operations of the company including reporting, forecasting, invoicing and cash management, accounts payable/receivable and payroll
- Ensure all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements are met on time in full
- Ensure Finance Department assists in compliance with required internal control and Sarbanes Oxley guidelines
- Cost control and compliance
- Lead the annual budget process and provide reliable Budgets and Forecasts
- Ensure senior management team is aware of and can act on key performance drivers
- Support production of the annual legal statutory accounts according to UK GAAP
- Work closely with parent company central finance team to ensure further integration of the finance function
- Supervise a small team of 2-3 individuals.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Previous financial management experience
- Strong commercial awareness with analytical business partnering experience
- Ability to 'manage through people' and communicate effectively to both financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Be highly self-motivated, flexible, well organized and work well under pressure
- Working knowledge of UK GAAP reporting requirements
- Strong financial systems skills including Ms Excel
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements beneficial but by no means essential
- Industry experience gained within engineering, manufacturing and/or automotive advantageous
- Will suit driven, ambitious, confident, self-motivated and energised individual with strong commercial awareness, a 'hands on' approach and the desire to further progress their career.
- The ability to travel between sites in Buckinghamshire and Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
What's on offer;
- Base salary up to £55,000 dependent upon experience
- 15% to 20% Bonus
- Possible Car allowance
- Company pension contribution up to 9%
- 25+ days holiday
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Future career opportunities within the Group.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17512