Our client is offering an opportunity for a motivated individual with a passion to work with a dynamic finance team. Based in Northampton, the Financial Reporting Manager will work with the wider business in support of financial reporting and also be a part of the internal project transitioning to a new finance platform.
The Financial Reporting Manager must be an independent thinker who is technically strong and looks for opportunities, loves challenges and believes what you do matters. You will need a real interest in business and a desire to make an impact. Ownership and responsibility are key qualities for this role and the individual will have a proven track record of problem solving and system improvement.
This role, will focus on the firm's statutory reporting for the group, a key area of the role will be providing financial reporting expertise ensuring that all statutory accounting aspects are covered for the project.
- Shows a deep understanding of the firm's business, vision, strategy and values
- Provides day to day support to the project teams and the wider Finance Teams as the need arises
- Liaise with the external auditors as required
- Strong internal and external network to bring best practice insights in to the firm to keep abreast of changing systems and practices that can be shared with the project team
- Expert in keeping up to date with Financial Reporting legislation and sharing with the Finance Team as appropriate
- Work with the Finance Team to prepare the year end group statutory accounts and subsidiary entity accounts
- Drafting technical financial reporting papers as required for the project or as the need arises
- Liaise with other Finance Teams and other internal/external teams on project matters affecting their business area as they arise
- Identifies and actions opportunities for personal and professional development
You will have:
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA) or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of IFRS and general financial accounting and reporting
- Experience of preparing full statutory accounts to a high standard
- Technically up to date
- A flexible approach to work to accommodate periods of high volume
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good Microsoft suite skills, particularly Excel
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits package
Interested? Apply today to register your interest or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/16494