Qualified accountant required to join growing forensic accounting team of a West Midlands accountancy firm. Forensics experience beneficial but not essential.
Established and growing West Midlands based accountancy practice seeks a Forensic Accountant / Executive join their team in the Solihull office. The Forensic Executive will provide accounting analysis suitable for use in dispute resolution.
Previous experience of investigation work, business valuation and forensic cases is beneficial but by no means essential. Alternatively, experience of accounts preparation, audit and ideally corporate tax computations is sufficient as training will be provided on the job and through appropriate courses. You will be trained to look beyond the numbers and to deal with the business and commercial reality of the situation.
- Analysis of business accounts and analytical review of trends
- Preparation of forecast results and scenario analysis
- Research of industry sectors and relevant information in the public domain
- Liaising with parties to disputes to gather relevant information and evidence
- Communication with all interested parties including legal advisers to specific cases
- Continually monitor the progress of cases and externally set deadlines
- Ability to translate and apply market research and economic trends to a target business
- Preparation of written reports for review
- Act in an advisory capacity, providing an independent view of the merits of the financial aspects of the dispute, thus allowing parties to achieve a satisfactory outcome
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with post-qualification experience
- Previous experience of investigation work, business valuation and forensic cases is beneficial but by no means essential
- Alternatively, experience of accounts preparation, audit and ideally tax computations (both corporate and personal tax if possible) is sufficient
- Commerciality and understanding of business practices
- Excellent writing skills and ability to 'translate' and summarise financial information effectively in layman's terms for lawyers etc.
- Self-motivated, efficient, hard working and able to take responsibility
- Pay attention to detail and have the ability to self-review / critique own work
- Meticulous in maintaining records
- Excellent communication and able to interact positively at all business levels
- Maintain confidentiality and able to deal with deadlines
- Ability to travel to clients as required.
What's on Offer;
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours system - Full time hours are 37 per week
- BUPA and Health Plan
- Car Salary Exchange scheme
- Pension scheme and Death in Service
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays with option to 'purchase' up to 10 additional days
- Childcare vouchers.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the recruitment of finance and accountancy professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16418