Newly created opportunity for a French speaking Accountant with a rapidly expanding publicly listed global business. Excellent package including flexible / hybrid working from home on offer. Candidates from within the profession / accountancy practice also considered.
My client, a US listed global business, is expanding rapidly throughout Europe. Driven by high ambition, this growth has been achieved both organically with increasing product demand and through a succession of acquisitions. Consequently, they seek a French speaking Accountant to support the Accounting Manager / Controller in this newly created role.
Your key responsibilities will be taking ownership of the preparation of the accounts and financial reporting for the French and Spanish operations of the business, both SME in size and growing.
This role provides the opportunity to work fairly autonomously within a fast-paced, high growth and entrepreneurial environment. Flexible / hybrid working from home is on offer as you will have the flexibility to split your time between home and the office location in Leamington Spa / Warwick, Warwickshire.
- Prepare monthly financial statements with follow up analysis
- Assisting with the preparation and audit of statutory financial statements for France and Spain
- Assisting the business with the implementation of efficient and diligent financial practices
- Key balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Employee expenses analysis
- Month end accruals, prepayments and provisions
- Month end journals
- VAT returns
- Assisting with the year end audit process
- Ad-hoc reporting.
- Fluent in French and English
- Any additional Spanish language skills are beneficial but by no means essential
- A relevant professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA/ICAEW, CIMA, CPA or equivalent)
- Practical accounting and financial reporting experience working as a French speaking Accountant, Financial Accountant, Financial Controller or in a similar role
- Solid up-to-date technical accounting skills and knowledge
- Commercially aware with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Self-motivated and comfortable working fairly autonomously in a fast-paced, high growth and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong systems skills including Excel. Any ERP experience for example with Oracle, Netsuite, SAP and/or Xero, HFM is beneficial but not essential.
What's on offer:
- Very competitive base salary dependent upon experience
- Excellent future development and professional growth
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible / Hybrid working including working from home.
Interested? Want to learn more?
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21906 - French speaking Accountant