Immediate need for an experienced Group Finance Controller on a Fixed Term Contract (FTC) basis. Working from home and/or office based in Coventry, West Midlands.
My client is a private equity backed technology business whose UK head office is located in Coventry, West Midlands. They seek a Group Finance Controller on a fixed term contract basis to provide a comprehensive finance service to the business.
Reporting to a Group Finance Director you will assume responsibility for the full spectrum of accounting operations including preparation of management accounts, day to day transaction processing, cash flow management, auditing and taxation.
As an experienced Group Finance Controller, you will provide and champion a commercial finance business partnering service to the Group as well as lead the finance team and function. This role involves liaising with the senior leadership team and departmental leads across the business within the UK, US and EMEA regions.
The role is offered on a Fixed Term Contract (FTC) basis, initially for a period of 6 months with the possibility of an extension. You will be working from home initially with a planned return to flexible office working in some capacity later in 2021.
- Attend monthly financial performance review meetings with Group senior management to present and explain actual finance performance compared to budget
- Agree a monthly reporting timetable and manage the delivery of monthly financial performance information against those agreed timescales.
- Produce monthly financial performance information for each entity, with commentary for variances
- Oversee the provision of regular updates on key financial metrics/positions to the wider Group management team
- Consolidate monthly financials for active entities
- Implement and ensure adherence to new practices and procedures around the global R2R, O2P, and P2P cycles
- Manage accounting projects as identified in line with business requirements
- Establish and review working practices, procedures and documentation
- Manage relationships with suppliers and external bodies including HMRC, auditors, banking etc
- Lead, motivate and develop the accounting / finance team
- Continually develop and promote a culture of continuous improvement to deliver on finance performance targets and projects
- Promote Accounting best practice both within your team and your key stakeholders across the business.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Previous experience as a Group Finance Controller / Financial Controller and managing a finance function
- Leadership and interpersonal skills able to drive the vision and culture, encourage collaboration to achieve results and upskill the team
- Process improvement experience together with strong IT skills
- A resilient critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with initiative and able to work to tight deadlines
- Integrity and accountability able to demonstrate a flexible, open and adaptable approach
- Any previous experience reporting to / working with a Private Equity firm / PE house is beneficial but not essential
- The ability and willingness to work from home initially
- Comfortable committing to a Fixed Term Contract (FTC), initially for a period of 6 months but with the possibility of a further extension.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21840 - Group Finance Controller