A rare opportunity to join this global law firm with over 40 partners and offices throughout the UK. The firm seeks an experienced finance professional to take on the role of Group Management Accountant.
The Group Management Accountant will be responsible for the consolidated management accounts process across the Group which includes budgeting and forecasting. The Group Management Accountant has full ownership of the UK management accounts and is a key point of contact between Finance and the wider business. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller in their offices in central Birmingham.
This role would suit a Group Management Accountant working within the professional services sector or would be a great opportunity for a qualified, accountancy practice professional, looking for that first move into commerce and industry.
- The principal responsibility is the preparation and delivery of the monthly international management accounts and yearly budget process.
- Complete ownership and management of the budget process.
- Lead meetings with the key stakeholders for all elements of the budget process
- Produce consolidated management accounts for the International firm, ensuring all significant variances are understand and explained
- Proactively follow up all risks and opportunities identified and make recommendations to minimise risks and maximise financial opportunities
- Complete ownership of the end to end UK Management Accounts process.
- Drive financial analysis in order to add commercial value to the business.
- Provide accurate and timely finance data to support key decisions
- Proactively engage with business partners to add value to the partnership
- Work closely with financial accounts on key accounting decisions
- Management of a part qualified accountant
What we are looking for:
- Fully qualified accountant
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management
- Ability to summarise complex data for senior management
- Exemplary level of attention to detail
- Strong IT skills - MS Excel (e.g. Pivot tables, Index Match and charts), Word and PowerPoint
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary dependent on qualification and experience
- 26 days annual holiday plus statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Reimbursement of membership fees to professional bodies required for the role
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/20773