Head of Accounting / Financial Accountant opportunity in Coventry. Great visibility reporting directly to the Finance Director / CFO. Hybrid working from home, free parking plus early Friday finish all on offer. Accountancy Practice candidates also considered.
Our client is an innovation-focused global manufacturer that is currently driving a variety of change and transformation projects. With an impressive and ever-increasing order book, this is an exciting time to join the business.
Reporting directly to the CFO / Finance Director, as Head of Accounting, you will support the wider business in delivering excellence in Financial Control. This all-encompassing role will focus on all areas of financial accounting with a particular emphasis on general ledger accounting, master data management, fixed assets, treasury control and tax matters.
We're keen to hear from qualified and finalist level accounting professionals with previous experience working as a Head of Accounting, Financial Accountant, Accounting Manager, Company Accountant or similar role.
Candidates from within the profession / accountancy practice will also be considered - you may be seeking your first move into Industry or have already transitioned from Practice into Industry and have thus already gained post qualification experience working in a Finance function.
- Participation in monthly and annual close
- General Ledger accounting and reconciliations
- Handling all treasury functions of the business including Cash management, Liquidity forecasting, Bank administration & relationships
- Responsible for all areas of tax compliance with accurate on-time submissions for; VAT, EC Listings, Intrastats and Corporation Tax
- Controlling payments, monitoring supplier advances and managing authority levels
- Customer & supplier statement reconciliations
- Owning the fixed asset register, responsible for impairment reviews, depreciation, capitalisation & disposal accounting
- Responsibility for the company master data together with tracking and reporting on key metrics
- Effective monitoring of credit insurance facility, potential support of factoring facility
- Monitoring of Bad debt provision with effective escalation of customer overdues to Sales team as necessary
- Supervising Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable including a small team of 2-3 staff
- Reporting and supporting Group Finance at the European HQ including inter-company recharges & reconciliations
- Qualified, Finalist or Part qualified accountant, ACCA / ACA or equivalent
- Solid financial accounting experience with proven experience in a finance function
- ERP systems experience (Oracle, SAP etc) together with MS Excel
- Previous staff supervision experience, supportive
- Team and Service focused
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive, organised and flexible approach
- Desire to develop and progress.
What's on offer:
- Hybrid working model, up to 2 days per week working from home
- Company bonus scheme
- Study support (if required)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employee Rewards Programme
- Free on-site parking
- Friday early finish (2pm)
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21902 - Head of Accounting