Prestigious organisation seeks Head of Finance / Financial Controller to oversee their finance function
My client is a long established SME organisation with a reputation for excellence. An opportunity has arisen for a senior finance professional to join their business as Head of Finance / Financial Controller. You will be responsible for all aspects of the finance function of the business including the day-to-day financial operation, financial & management information reporting and supervision of a small team.
Being part of the senior leadership team, this is a 'number one' finance position reporting to the Chief Operating Office (COO) and Principal. Furthermore, this is an exciting time to join the business as my client embarks on the next chapter in their history with plans for growth including a relocation to new premises. This role therefore requires the ability and willingness to work initially in Central London and then the West Surrey area.
- Managing all finance and accounting operations to ensure the smooth operation of the function including timely financial reporting
- Full month end responsibilities
- Group accounting and intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Monitoring income and expenditure in relation to budget, presenting regular management reports and commentary
- Monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Statutory accounts preparation and submissions
- Departmental budgeting and forecasting
- Cash flow forecasting
- Oversee all invoicing, billing, payments and transactional accounting
- Oversee payroll and pension scheme administration
- Preparing forecasts for the future financial performance usually over a period of 3 to 5 years
- All taxation matters ensuring compliance with regulations for VAT plus dealing with income tax and rating assessments
- Year end requirements and liaising with external auditors
- Bank reconciliations and banking relations
- Maintaining contact with the statutory authorities and other organisations and bodies
- Maintain statistical records and advising on general financial policy
- Supervise a small team
- Other ad hoc duties such as organising appeals and preparing financial appraisals of capital projects.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA or equivalent)
- An in-depth and thorough knowledge of general accounting principles and procedures
- Previous experience running a small finance function including mentoring and supervising staff
- Strong leadership skills with the ability and eagerness to work in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Strong systems skills including MS Office packages (especially Excel). Additional experience of Sage is advantageous
- Previous industry experience gained within the Education, Training, Charity, Arts and/or Public Sector is beneficial but by no means essential. Alternatively or in addition, a genuine interest in Creative/Performing Arts is advantageous
- Ability and willingness to work initially in Central London then the West Surrey area in line with company relocation plans.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy. We are a member of APSCo and The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19736