This global technology business has a reputation for creating value for their customers through innovation and quality of service. They are now looking to appoint a qualified accountant to assume the position of Head of Financial Control.
Working closely with members of the Management Board, the role provides guidance and support on the financial performance of the various business units within the organisation. While managing a team of three direct reports you will need to demonstrate strong stakeholder management, be culturally adept in dealing with international aspects of the Group and drive innovation through technology and methodology.
This is a high profile role with excellent internal visibility and exposure to the CEO and CFO. Therefore, this will suit a high caliber, strong, open and confident individual with the drive and ambition to further develop and grow their career within the business / Group.
- All aspects of operational and strategic financial control in support of the UK Finance Director
- Provide guidance and support to the Management Board on commercial and finance related areas
- Provide financial guidance and support to other operative business units including Sales, Service and Production
- Strategic planning and strategic control of financial operations
- Overall responsibility for all activities during month-end and year-end close
- Responsible for opex and capex controlling
- Understanding international tax and transfer pricing issues
- Presenting the financial figures to the Management Board
- Responsible for the planning and forecasting process
- Continuously improve business processes through innovative reporting tools and database structures
- Responsible for the continuous improvement and further development of the cost accounting system
- Regular briefings with the UK Finance Director on the performance of all business units
- Leads and develops the Controlling team members.
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of implementing financial control best practices
- Experienced in managing the planning and forecasting process throughout a highly diversified and complex company
- Experienced in all necessary activities for month-end and year-end closing
- Excellent financial reporting experience (both UK and International)
- Previous experience of preparing successful business cases
- Financial Accounting Standards knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and international tax regulations
- Vast experience of evaluating commercial and financial risk
- Good understanding of costs and internal charges/re-charges
- Strong leadership and people management/motivation skills
- ERP systems knowledge (eg SAP R/3, Business warehouse)
- Previous sector experience of IT Services/Outsourcing, telecommunications or goods-producing sector such as automotive or consumer goods preferred
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme (based on both personal and company performance)
- Company car (or car allowance)
- Very generous pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare for you and your family
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Flexible optional benefits (gym, dental, childcare etc)
- This is a high profile role with excellent internal visibility and exposure to the CEO and CFO which promotes multiple future career progression opportunities within the Group .
Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job refs ABJ/15318.