Reputable independent accountancy firm seek Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager to be the principle lead of their tax department. This is a Partner Designate opportunity.
My client is a long established independent firm of chartered accountants based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. They are seeking an experienced tax professional to head up and oversee their tax and payroll services department. In addition, you will provide tax advisory and tax planning services to a small portfolio of clients. The firm has a complete range of clients and businesses in terms of size and sector.
The successful candidate is likely to be currently working as a Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager within, or with recent experience gained within, the accountancy sector. This is a great opportunity to lead a department and professional services function.
In addition, there is longer term career progression on offer, quickly to an Associate Partner level and ultimately beyond to an Equity Partner level for the right individual.
- Head up and manage the tax department and a smaller payroll function
- Personally deliver tax advisory and tax planning services to a small portfolio of higher end businesses and clients
- Responsible for overseeing all tax compliance requirements for the firm/department
- Support the Partners with firm initiatives and development
- Comply with the Firm's systems and promote it's goals
- Participate in other aspects of the firm's business, as required.
- Qualified ACA / ACCA and/or CTA / ATT
- Previous experience managing and supervising staff
- Solid all round tax knowledge preferred - Corporate Tax, Personal Tax & Private Client Tax
- Previous Tax Advisory and Tax Planning experience together with understanding of Tax Compliance
- Previous Trusts experience is beneficial but not essential
- Excellent client relationship and client development skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all business levels
- Ability and desire to grow the client portfolio with business development is always advantageous.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience, target range £55,000 - £70,000 (negotiable) but open to discussions beyond this depending upon the individual
- Future progression opportunity to Associate Partner and ultimately Equity Partner
- Supportive, aspirational and successful working environment
- Head of Tax - Partner Designate opportunity.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, ALWAYS IN COMPLETE CONFIDENCE. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17566