Global business seeks Interim Finance Manager for their European manufacturing operations.
Primarily based in Solihull, West Midlands, the Interim European Finance Manager will be involved with the continual enhancement of the quality of financial reporting across the European group. You will proactively manage and strive to improve all aspects of the internal and external reporting processes. A high level of technical accounting knowledge is required together with a flexible approach and the ability to liaise effectively with multiple European stakeholders and locations.
There is an immediate need and my client foresees this assignment lasting for several months.
- Ensure the European group is preparing financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP accounting standards and group requirements
- Management of month/quarter/year end financial reporting processes
- Assist with the quarterly audit process
- Consolidation of European Group locations
- Review and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and fluctuation analysis
- Review and analyse reserves across the European group
- Identify process and reporting improvement opportunities
- Investigation of and reporting on any identified control weaknesses or control failures
- Recommend and help implement control improvements necessary to the financial reporting process
- Support management in building controls awareness and skills among local finance teams with a view to strengthening internal controls
- Development of corporate accounting procedures and best practices
- Understanding differences between group and local level accounting requirements and impacts thereof
- Support local teams with statutory accounting preparation and issues as they arise
- Assist with SOX implementation strategy across European plants
- Ad hoc project work supporting the European finance team where necessary
- Responsible for overseeing and reviewing all UK central accounting functions
- Provide support in relation to the audit of the UK legal entity
- Ensure that all statutory deadlines such as statutory accounts, VAT, Intrastat and National Statistics deadlines are met.
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ICAEW, ACCA or equivalent) gained within a top tier accountancy practice
- Experience of group consolidations and group reporting within a global framework
- The highest level of technical accounting skills and knowledge
- Strong audit background and past experience of assessing internal controls
- Experience of identifying process improvements, control deficiencies and recommending appropriate corrective action
- A diligent and proactive team player with a flexible approach and confidence to challenge where necessary
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to successfully manage and develop relationships with plant and senior management
- US GAAP experience is desirable but not essential
- Ability and willingness to travel across Europe, approximately 25%
- Must possess strong IT skills, especially Excel.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19680