Immediate need for an experienced interim Internal Controls Manager with experience of reviewing, improving, implementing and documenting finance processes and controls.
The Internal Controls Manager reports directly to the European Finance Director and will be responsible for 'kick-starting' the enhancement and development of strong internal controls helping to create and nurture an environment of 'no surprises'.
You will act as a resource and consultant for the European division, putting in place strong internal controls and supporting stakeholders to ensure that controls and compliance is a key feature of how the division operates. This role will form a strong partnership with the Group Internal Audit team and interface with that team on the conduct of audits in the division. The role will include the creation of an Internal Controls Framework and will also be responsible for documenting and assessing the financial and operating processes to help identify areas for improvements, time savings and efficiencies.
You will be required to prepare reports on your findings and suggested improvements for senior management. This role will be a key 'Business Partner' to the Plant Controllers in guiding and advising them on the creation of a strong internal controls environment within their own plants.
- Review risk and control frameworks for all group financial processes
- Identify financial, operational and IT risks within and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of controls in place
- Perform management testing and analysis of internal controls
- Plan and manage business process control self-assessments
- Develop control policies, guidance documentation and issue control alerts
- Identify and implement potential improvements and revisions to internal control environment
- Develop process maps of significant financial processes, identifying control points within the process and reducing redundant or non-effective controls
- Working with the Financial Control team, drive the balance sheet review process throughout Europe.
- A technical accounting background, perhaps Big 4 or Top Tier trained, with strong technical and analytical skills
- Experience of documenting processes and controls
- Experience of designing, implementing, improving and monitoring controls
- Experience in effective process design/analysis to identify efficiencies and time savings
- Strong understanding of auditing principles and standards
- Ability to build professional relationships with internal and external clients
- Ability to both support and challenge key stakeholders is vital.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Industry experience gained within the manufacturing, engineering and/or automotive sectors is preferred but not essential
- Bachelor's degree with relevant professional accounting qualification, ACA/ICAEW, ACCA or equivalent
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
- The role is primarily based within a corporate head office environment with periodic time spent on the manufacturing floor
- Interim role with an anticipated duration of approximately 5 months.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18660