Global business seeks Internal Audit Manager for their European manufacturing operations. This role could suit an accounting professional who is seeking a first or second move in industry from practice.
Based in Solihull, Birmingham, the European Internal Audit Manager is responsible for assisting the Internal Audit Director in managing the audit co-sourcing arrangement and in the planning, organisation and management of Internal Audit operations.
This newly created role is 'hands-on' in all aspects of the Internal Audit department, interacting with management to discuss audit findings and recommendations intended to improve business practices.
50% travel required, predominately European.
- Assist the Internal Audit Director in the risk assessment process and the planning and execution of the department's audits
- Provide input on the development of the annual Internal Audit plan
- Develop, execute, and manage all aspects of a risk-based audit by conducting planning activities, preparing process flows, conducting fieldwork, reviewing work papers, monitoring audit progress, preparing audit reports and presenting findings and recommendations to plant management
- Assist management in monitoring compliance via controls testing, providing guidance on internal control risks and best practices, and supporting coordination with the external auditors
- Establish good relations with management, process owners and external parties
- Represent internal audit on company-wide project teams, management meetings and to external organisations
- Work with internal groups and others without compromising audit independence and objectivity
- Acts as a liaison with the external auditors and support their initiatives
- Maintain continuing professional education requirements
- Work to implement methods and systems that increase the effectiveness of the Internal Audit function.
- Qualified Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or ACA / ICAEW, ACCA, CPA or equivalent
- Comprehensive understanding of internal auditing, US GAAP, PCAOB standards, SEC regulations, SOX compliance and the COSO framework
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, at all business levels
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to rapidly assimilate knowledge of processes and systems.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with proven ability to manage multiple assignments and projects with varying deadlines
- Strong IT skills
- 50% travel required, predominately European
- Candidates either currently working within a top tier accountancy practice and wishing to make their first step into Industry or candidates seeking a career move since leaving Practice will absolutely be considered.
What's on offer;
- Very competitive base salary, dependent upon experience, plus car allowance, bonus and full benefits
- Opportunity to travel and to be part of an expanding function
- Future career and personal development in whichever capacity you wish both Nationally and Globally - my client is seeking the 'Finance Leads' of the future.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19729