Internal Auditors with public sector experience required across the East Midlands by top tier accountancy practice.
My client is an expanding accountancy firm. They are seeking internal auditors from Associate / Semi Senior level through to internal audit Senior, or even Assistant Manager, level. Working within their governance, risk and internal controls team, you will work with an existing portfolio of public sector clients across the East Midlands.
As a member of the internal audit team, and reporting directly to the Internal Audit Partner and Managers, you will be responsible for delivering risk based internal audit work to a range of Public Sector clients. Client sectors include; Emergency Services, NHS, Local Authority, Central Government Departments, Police, Education and Social Housing.
Client satisfaction is of paramount importance and successful candidates will need to have excellent communication and written skills, and an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Planning internal audit work programmes and setting of control objectives
- Performance of internal audit fieldwork including closing meetings with management
- Preparation of draft internal audit reports
- Assist on other special assignments (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews)
- Providing on the job advice and training to junior auditors
- Control audit assignments from planning through to preparation of draft reports
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients.
- Educated to degree level and part qualified or in the process of training for a recognised qualification - ACCA, ACA, MIIA, CIPFA or equivalent
- Experience of delivering internal audits in professional practice or in-house team in the public, not-for-profit or private sectors
- Have a sound technical understanding of technical issues surrounding the sector
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills required
- Desire to help grow and develop the department
- Ability to think creatively to develop new initiatives and methodologies
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to develop self and others.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary, dependent upon level and experience (negotiable)
- Career progression is limitless as you work with like-minded people across many different service lines
- Benefits package bespoke to you as an individual.
Interested? Want to discuss further? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/15340