Working for the Swiss subsidiary of a Global pharmaceutical organisation, this is a fantastic opportunity for an Investment Manager to take the next step in their career towards Director level.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Investment Manager / Private Mutual Fund Manager will conduct daily research of US listed companies in the pharmaceutical sector to identify potential investments. With a significant portfolio of assets under management and available funds, investments will be predominately, although not exclusively, short term.
The successful candidate will be an be an investment manager who has experience and knowledge in financial assets (stocks, bonds etc.). You will be able to specify your existing securities trading experience including frequency of trades, research conducted and technical analysis undertaken prior to selecting a particular investment.
Based in Schwyz just South of Zurich, after an initial period of understanding, monitoring and advising with respect to the existing operation, you will be responsible for growing the team to further establish the office in Switzerland. Being part of a larger Group, this is an excellent opportunity to be the 'number one' in Switzerland and as a Director in the business.
- Daily research and study of pharmaceutical companies quoted on US stock exchanges (typically NASDAQ) in order to identify possible investments
- Invest in public companies and funds via instruction to a broker
- Demonstrate both quantitative and qualitative evidence for all transaction decisions
- Daily review and authorization of planned transactions as identified by an existing Fund Manager
- Portfolio management
- Quarterly reporting
- Act as a Director of the company and be the 'number one' individual for Switzerland
- Build and establish the Swiss office and operation including the future recruitment of a small team.
- 5+ years previous relevant experience in a similar position
- Background in financial assets trading / mutual funds (i.e. securities, bonds, ETFs) ideally within pharmaceutical stocks (although this is not essential)
- Qualified accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA level 1 - 2), CAIA or candidates deemed 'qualified by experience' with relevant knowledge will be considered
- Appropriate university degree (economics, finance etc.)
- Previous experience in a managerial position
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
- Excellent user of MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of Bloomberg software is advantageous
- A reliable self-starter, comfortable within a relatively small subsidiary of a larger Group.
What's on offer;
- Opportunity for Directorship
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Additional benefits available (car, bonus etc.)
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18621