Home based role for an experienced logistics specialist. Role offered either as an ongoing Contractor basis or as a permanent salaried employee.
My client is a global technology business who design, manufacture and supply hi-tech systems and components to the automotive sector. As a tier one supplier, they require a confident and competent logistics specialist / logistics manager to ensure continued successful supply and delivery.
Working with numerous customer sites globally you must think/work internationally, planning the working day to encompass timely demands. Being part of a small customer team in the UK, you will need to be flexible when needed in order to support team efforts to resolve customer problems.
Being predominately home based, or located at a local site, you will also need to be highly mobile for the task in hand. This is a rare and rewarding opportunity that offers a high level of flexibility.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Customer (Jaguar Land Rover - JLR) and their Tiers that ensure maximum customer satisfaction
- Monitor forecasts and daily inventory levels to ensure customer delivery requirements are met
- Arrange deliveries for scheduled shipments, insuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Arrange for and expedite product shipments
- Process return material authorization as needed
- Arrange Logistics coordination with Tiers
- Anticipate issues and provide information daily to production and materials
- Act as liaison between the customer, logistics supplier and Customer Service to expedite customer orders, respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer issues
- Investigate validity of customer rating violations and resolve issues as required
- Ensure all customs procedures and paperwork is in accordance
- Work effectively with all customer interactive data systems and software.
- Extensive logistics experience
- Previous automotive customer service experience
- A robust self-starter with a 'can do' / 'I can fix' approach
- Must possess the ability to work well independently and make appropriate commercial decisions affecting profit/loss
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers and employees at all business levels
- Effective organisation, time management and problem solving skills
- Competent user of MS Excel, preferably to include macros, pivot tables etc.
- Must be able to work odd hours as necessary - may be contacted at home for emergencies
- Required to be on-call for customer issues after normal business hours
- Ability to travel internationally as needed (5%)
- Familiarity with relevant HMRC Customs paperwork
- Any previous experience of SPEEDY supplier delivery performance rating application is advantageous but by no means essential.
What's on offer:
- Flexible role being home based with the option of also working at closest company site, as desired
- Competitive salary or rate either as a Contractor or permanent salaried employee
- Fantastic career opportunity in an all-encompassing role.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/1758