This role, for Management Accountant, reporting to the Senior Management Accountant, will provide support to the Senior Finance Manager in the timely and accurate preparation of the company's periodic management accounts and other financial information.
The firm has a strong set of company values and is keen on personal development both within the finance function and the wider organisation. This role would suit a newly qualified accountant, someone qualified by experience or an active studier.
The Management Accountant, based in the Northampton office of this professional services firm, will be responsible for the following.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly departmental and management accounts to be reviewed by the Senior Management Accountant
- Prepare accruals and prepayments schedules
- Ensure balance sheet accounts, such as fixed assets, are reconciled monthly
- Ensure control accounts are reviewed and reconciled regularly and ensure all queries are resolved
- Review cashbook for correct nominal coding
- Assist in the completion of year end accounting pack
- Ensure correct nominal coding is used for all income and expenditure
- Prepare and post nominal ledger journals
- Prepare bank reconciliation and cashbook.
- Resolve queries arising from bank reconciliation
- Undertake ad-hoc financial projects as the need arises
- Resolve queries arising from the management accounts preparation, including liaison with Business Analysts
- Assist in the training of junior staff
What we are looking for:
- Qualified or part qualified ACCA / CIMA / ACA accountant or qualified by experience.
- Previous experience in a similar role with some experience of management
- Good teamwork skills
- Ability to work on own initiative where required
- Possess sound accounting knowledge for the preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Career progression
- Study if necessary
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy. We are a member of APSCo and The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/20751