We are delighted to be partnering with this eCommerce retail business to recruit a Management Accountant. This is a start up business backed by a US Fortune 500 organisation with a robust business model and commitment to grab a market share within the sector.
This aspiration for fast growth will be focused around the needs of their customers and fresh ideas to disrupt the market. In their first of year trading, and well ahead of budget, they would welcome approaches from experienced finance professionals who are comfortable working within the ambiguity of a start up environment and all the challenges that go with that.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role will be the "Number 2" in the finance team.
Due to the current global pandemic, the role will be based from home for the remainder of the year, with a return to their offices in South Leicester some time in 2021.
As the Management Accountant, the position will be to support the Head of Finance and the recently established finance team managing investment, risk management, budgeting, planning & financial accounts reporting. This role will be accountable for supporting the management of all accounting activities within the business, help in finding ways of improving profitability & growth, alongside assisting in the continuous process improvements & management information systems of the business.
The business is at an important early stage and this role will support the implementation of more efficient strategies and aid new operations.
- Supporting the preparation of monthly financial statements and group submissions
- Budgeting and forecasting activities - financial analysis and forecast reporting / support in leadership partnering
- Balance sheet reconciliations and ledger controls
- Supporting other functionalities of the finance team (Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables)
- Assist in managing internal finance controls and procedures
- Supporting the development of the company's management information systems
- Performs other duties as required to support Finance Department and providing ongoing support to the Head of Finance
What we are looking for:
- Qualified (ACCA, ACCA or CIMA), will consider final stages of studies or QBE for the right candidate
- Management accounts experience imperative
- Knowledge of UK and US GAAP
- Experience with using SAP BI an advantage
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively and manage continuous improvements
- Critical and analytical thinker
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy. We are a member of APSCo and The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/20763