We are currently assisting a long-standing private healthcare provider in their search for a Management Accountant in their head office in Banbury.
Reporting into the Finance Director, the newly created Management Accountant position will proactively manage the day-to-day financial processes, ensuring standardisation of daily processes within the finance team, including preparation of the P&L, balance sheet and a variety of month-end duties. This opening is also responsible for supervising the transactional finance team and taking ownership of the payroll.
This opportunity would be great for a commercially savvy Management Accountant from within industry, looking to progress and develop their professional competencies by ensuring consistency and best practice throughout the fast-paced finance team. It would also be a great first move for a qualified accountant from practice looking for that move into industry.
- Responsible for the preparation of P&L, balance sheet and month end management accounting duties
- Providing commentary on management accounts, highlighting trends and variances at both detailed and summary level
- Assisting with the preparation of Statutory accounts
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts as well as financial planning & analysis
- Management of the transactional finance team to ensure consistency and best practice are delivered and maintained across the function
- Take ownership of payroll submissions & reporting (training provided if required)
- Involvement with corporation tax calculations and other tax matters
- Liaising with the Auditors and other third parties relating to audit matters
- Fixed asset controls
- Ad hoc projects
What we are looking for:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified
- Experience of preparing reports and analysis for presentation to senior management
- Understand the dynamic functions of finance including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Good attention to detail and excellent time management in meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of IT systems such as Excel
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience up to £45,000
- 25 days of annual leave per year, plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Company pension contribution
- Employee Health & Wellbeing support service
- Employee, friends & family discounts
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Luke 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22936 - Management Accountant