Established in 2008, operating within the construction industry, has now had significant investment in product development which has created the standard for the industry. The investment from a global organisation based out of Holland has now given the firm to bring its full range of products and services to the UK market.
With the recent appointment of a Head of Finance, they have reviewed the finance function structure and created an opportunity for a Management Accountant. The Management Accountant will support the Head of Finance with the preparation of the monthly management accounts for UK Group companies. This will include the year-end process, involving preparation for the statutory accounts and providing supporting information to both the international Group Finance team and the external audit team.
The role is based from their offices in Basildon with hybrid working available.
This role will suit someone who is on the pathway to being a Finance Director or Head of Finance, who has experience of managing month-end reporting, and with expertise in effective management of customer contracts, and best practice knowledge around management of the fixed asset register.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance in the review & preparation of monthly management accounts
- Review balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure management accounts are completed to deadlines and in accordance with adopted policies and procedures
- Lead and support the annual audit process
- Maintain all bank reconciliations
- Preparation and maintenance of the General Ledger and other standard journals including Prepayments and Accruals
- Maintenance of intercompany accounts
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register
- Respond to business finance enquiries when necessary
- Lead the Quarterly VAT process
- Deputising for the Head of Finance in their absence and other finance duties when required
What we are looking for:
- Experience within finance
- Newly qualified CIMA /ACCA or late stage studier
- Proactive: Can-do attitude. Problem solver, using systems and expertise on behalf of the business and/or employees
- Organised: Able to manage multiple tasks, often to a timeline
- Strong on Technology - Excellent at Excel, experienced in other MS Office programmes, SAP, Xero and other financial software experience would be beneficial
- Friendly: Able to 'muck in' as part of a fast-growing team with an 'all hands on deck' approach
What's On Offer:
- Full time role, with an option for flexible/hybrid solutions for the right candidate
- Competitive salary
- Participation in team bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- In-house training, with external support as needed
- Opportunity to be part of an exciting time in the team's growth
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22957 - Management Accountant