My client is one of the larger regional firms in the West Midlands. They seek an experienced Management Accounting Manager to manage a team of management accountants in delivering accountancy services to a portfolio of clients and the provision of management accounting information in accordance to the particular requirements of each clientbased from offices in Coventry.
Ideally with a formal accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA), you will oversee the delivery of management accounting services to a range of clients, predominately owner managed businesses (OMB's). The firm has a unique range of service lines and there is vast potential to grow within the firm.
This is a fantastic opportunity that could suit a Management Accountant who is seeking more autonomy.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Plan team tasks and jobs ensuring the most efficient use of resources
- Oversee the successful completion of tasks and jobs ensuring team members are assisted and supported where the need arises
- Review all completed jobs as required.
- Provide feedback to team members as appropriate
- Liaise with Directors to discuss client matters and to ensure the completion of jobs is accurate and timely
- Maintain effective communication with all interested parties on each job
- Continually monitor the progress of all jobs and adapt the original plan as required.
- Carry out the management function by assisting with staff management
- Attend marketing/networking events and business developments activities as requested by the Directors
- Assist in ensuring all staff in the team receive the required level of on-the-job training for them to carry out the tasks being asked of them
Who we're looking for;
- ACCA/CIMA qualified or a commercially experienced QBE
- Experience in managing teams
- Able to keep up-to-date with accounting legislation and attend courses
- Have experience of Excel and accounting software packages
- Be team orientated, wish to be interactive and have great organisational skills.
- Be self-driven, confident of your own abilities and able to communicate that confidence to clients
- Capable of working to deadlines and focused enough to want to exceed customer expectations and needs
- Experience of preparing accounts in a professional office
- VAT return experience is preferred, but not essential.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary
- 37 hours per week
- Flexi-time available
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- 20 days holiday with the option to 'purchase' a further 10 days' annual leave
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job refs ABJ/15443.