Our client has an opportunity for a commercially focused and analytical management accountant to join the business in the role of Finance Manager. The company has built up a fantastic reputation and is highly respected within their industry. The business operates from their site in Wellingborough.
Reporting into the Finance Director, the primary objective of the Finance Manager is to deliver fast, accurate data to facilitate timely and insightful decision making across all departments within the business. Beyond the pure numbers, an analytical, open and challenging approach with an ability to support and work within a team are key requirements.
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labour
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
- Create and maintain bills of materials
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
- Report on margins by product and division
- Report in periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
- Analysing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided.
- Prepare monthly management statements
- Preparation of schedules year-end statutory audits
- Prepare month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations for a number of accounts
- including the cashbooks, VAT, Fixed Assets and sales and purchase ledgers.
- Prepare and file quarterly VAT returns and EU sales lists
What we are looking for:
- CIMA or ACCA qualified or part qualified accountant
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of ERP/MRP systems, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Accurate, detailed and analytical
- Good clear communication skills with clients and colleagues
- Good time management
- Good organisational skills - Able to manage own workload
- Works well in a team
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly and relaxed work environment
Interested? Apply today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/16428