Top tier firm of chartered accountants seek an experienced tax professional to prepare corporation and personal tax returns for a portfolio of clients.
My client is a reputable accountancy practice who are experiencing continued growth both nationally and internationally. As a result, they seek an experienced mixed tax professional to prepare corporation and personal tax returns for a portfolio of clients.
Clients range both in sector and size but will typically include owner managed businesses (OMB’s), high net worth (HNW) individuals, soles traders, limited companies and international clients.
This is a great opportunity to work alongside other tax experts and to progress your career as you wish. The role will initially be compliance focussed but is expected and hoped to evolve to an advisory focussed role for the right individual.
This role could suit existing tax professional either from a smaller accountancy practice background who are seeking to make the next step up in their career or equally candidates from top 10 / top tier firm who have not had previous exposure to the tax advisory side but are seeking this as the next step in their development. If you have the right experience, part-time individuals will also be considered.
- Prepare and generate corporation tax and personal tax returns for an existing portfolio of clients
- Role initially compliance focussed but can broaden to being advisory focused if desired
- Liaise directly with clients and internally with other departments , e.g. audit
- Assess the tax impact of each piece of client information
- Prepare client letters detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
- Liaise with HMRC and prepare HMRC forms on clients behalf
- Coach junior staff on work delegated
- Identify tax planning opportunities as appropriate
- Assist on consultancy projects and research project when required
- Regularly update your tax knowledge.
- ATT and/or CTA qualified or studying towards preferred however candidates who are qualified by experience will also be considered
- Previous experience preparing corporation and / or personal tax returns
- Varied, practical and technical tax knowledge gained within an accountancy practice / firm
- Able to train junior members of staff
- Basic accounts knowledge
- Confident IT skills ideally including tax software
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills with commercial awareness and a client and service focus
- Ability to work well under pressure with a positive and committed approach.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Personalised career development plan
- New modern offices
- Full and comprehensive benefits package including additional Flexible benefits programme (which includes optional; contributory pension, option to buy additional holiday, flexible health and dental insurance, childcare voucher scheme, discounted shopping etc)
- Part-time hours considered.
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 0 1926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/15302.