Leading global professional services firm seek Office Manager to support the office Managing Partner and other firm Partners with the smooth running and development of their Cambridge office.
Working closely with the Partners you will develop and maintain an efficient and professional office working environment. This will include facilities management, management of support staff, liaising with external and internal contacts, financial management and change management.
- Manage costs in accordance with agreed budgets and assist in the drafting and maintenance of office expenses budget
- Oversee the maintenance of contract services including cleaning, maintenance, office equipment and furniture, as well as office infrastructure
- Ensure that agreed SLAs and performance standards are met and take steps to resolve issues should they arise.
- Carry out periodic checks to ensure requirements are met, and ensure appropriate liaison with external contractors to ensure that necessary testing of electrical appliances and fire fighting equipment are carried out.
- Identify any Health & Safety issues within the office and take appropriate agreed steps to resolve.
- Coordinate and manage support staff to ensure that adequate resources are available to meet needs
- Monitor workflow to secretaries and liaise with line managers to ensure usage of support staff time is optimised
- Oversee key operating processes and ensure that best practice processes are followed
- Maintain the office staff time recordal system
- Liaise with the central HR team on employment issues and policies
- Maintain staff files and records
- Manage performance appraisals, ensuring adequate input from Partners.
Other areas of responsibility:
- Manage the administration team in order to provide full support to the Partners with: diary management, meeting agendas, minutes, travel and accommodation for business trips
- Recruit and induct new staff in conjunction with relevant line managers
- Actively assist the secretarial team to ensure work is distributed appropriately
- Liaise with and support as necessary the local Marketing Executive on business development initiatives
- Develop and promote a good office working environment by managing the office social committee and arranging ad-hoc staff events.
- Previous experience of managing facilities and administrative teams including performance management and appraisals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to quickly build both personal and functional credibility with colleagues
- Excellent attention to detail with a calm and methodical approach
- Tact, diplomacy, integrity and composure, particularly when under pressure
- A commercial, pro-active, results-focused approach
- The ability to plan and prioritise workload, and juggle multiple work duties
- Strong IT skills including Ms Excel, Power point and Word
- Ability to act in a confidential and professional manner
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team, and the proactivity to manage your own workload.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary dependent on qualification and experience
- 25 days annual holiday plus statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance, which can be extended to cover other family members
- Permanent health insurance.
Interested? Want to learn more? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on Linkedin and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/15306