We are now looking for an accomplished Payroll Assistant Manager, who is confident in managing a team. With extensive payroll experience, the Payroll Assistant Manager will have the ability to set goals and get the best from individuals within the team, based in Northampton.
Hybrid working pattern.
The Payroll Assistant Manager is more of a supervisory role than it is a day to day payroll position. Although you will need to have the technical ability to deal with payroll queries from members of your team.
- Part of the payroll management team and lead a team of Payroll Executives and Payroll Administrators
- Manage a payroll of circa 5000 employees
- Ensuring that the monthly payrolls are delivered accurately and on time each month
- Provide regular feedback to the team
- Spot opportunities for development
- Encouraging the delivery of stretch goals and delivery of key performance indicators to senior management
- Take responsibility for the day to day management of your people, delivery of the monthly payroll and pushing forwards payroll project work
- Be an escalation point for your teams technical and operational challenges and you will deal with the more complex payroll queries
- Set and manage key performance indicators
- Working with teams and key stakeholders across the employee lifecycle and you be a great ambassador for payroll
- Be the day to day point of contact for the senior finance team on business as usual activities
- Provide a great customer experience
What we are looking for:
- An accomplished people manager with experience of setting stretching goals and getting the best from people
- Technically up to date, be competent in dealing with complex payroll challenges and have a track record for providing training to your team in these areas
- Ability to demonstrate that you can deliver process improvements through digital innovations, management reporting and key performance indicators
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday plus portable bank holidays
- Subsidised gym membership
- ... and many more
Interested? Apply today to register your interest or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialise in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and APSCo and we are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22919