My client is one of the larger regional firms in the West Midlands. They seek an experienced Payroll Manager to be responsible for the Payroll offering of the firm to it's broad and growing client base.
You will have previous experience of managing a busy payroll department and you will oversee the delivery of payroll services to a range of clients, predominately owner managed businesses (OMB's).
- Plan the production of payrolls; weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly and annual ensuring the most efficient use of resources
- Oversee the successful completion of payrolls ensuring team members are assisted and supported
- where the need arises
- Involvement in processing all aspects of payroll from start to finish for a number of clients in accordance with the deadlines, including setting up new staff and inputting contractual changes
- Review all completed payrolls as required.
- Provide feedback to team members as appropriate
- Liaise with the line manager and Director to ensure the completion of payrolls is accurate and timely
- Maintain effective communication with all interested parties on each payroll
- Continually monitor the progress of all payrolls and adapt the original plan as required
- Organise quarterly billing
- Complete CIS returns
- Control and monitor BACS payments process
- Keeping up to date with software updates
- Preparing new logs monthly
- Auto enrolment set ups on payroll
Who we're looking for;
- Have experience in running a busy payroll department
- Good knowledge of UK PAYE legislations and a good understanding of statutory deductions
- Knowledge of auto-enrolment and pension schemes.
- Have experience of payroll and accounting software packages
- Be team orientated, wish to be interactive and have great organisational skills.
- Be self-driven, confident of your own abilities and able to communicate that confidence to clients
- Capable of working to deadlines and focused enough to want to exceed customer expectations and needs
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary
- Flexitime is available
- Further flexible benefits
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job refs ABJ/15357.