We are currently working with a well-known, award winning, Northamptonshire business in their search for a Payroll Manager.
The company is a first-class provider and recognised within their industry for a mark of excellence. They seek a Payroll Manager to maintain the payroll process and procedures and manage the systems, producing payroll reports as well as preparing and calculating payments.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this sole charge role is crucial to ensure accuracy of payroll information, including pensions, P11d's benefits and HMRC submissions. To be successful in this role, you will have previous end to end payroll processing knowledge, including statutory rates, year-end procedures and specialist payrolls and be adaptable in complex and challenging work.
We would love to speak with payroll professionals with previous payroll experience, preferably with experience of Sage payroll and someone that possesses great attention to detail with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Prepare, calculate and make payment of the monthly payroll for 350 members of staff
- Produce month end & year end Payroll returns.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data and updating payroll records.
- Ensuring the weekly data from the time and attendance system is available to download by the set deadline each week.
- Liaise with HR to receive and input new starters, leavers, changes to contracts or personal information onto the Sage 50 payroll system.
- Upload pension contributions to pension provider.
- Reconcile control accounts for payroll, pensions and HMRC.
- Assisting employees with queries or questions relating to payroll or benefits.
- Recording and updating monthly benefits to produce P11d's.
- Liaise with HMRC and third parties regarding payroll deductions.
- To assist with other aspects of the Accounts office as and when required, which may include Sales Ledger, Banking, Control Account Reconciliations and analysis of revenue and costs.
What we are looking for:
- AAT or CIPP studier or qualified although candidates deemed qualified by experience (QBE) will also be considered
- Knowledge of payroll systems, preferably Sage
- Experience working with time and attendance, payroll and HRMC systems
- In depth Payroll knowledge including statutory rates & year-end procedures
- Professional, strong and confident communication skills (both verbal and written).
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience up to £37,000
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Staff canteen with free meals
- Free onsite parking
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/22964 - Payroll Manager