The Pensions Semi-Senior/Supervisor is responsible for a portfolio of clients, reporting directly to the Pensions Manager/Pensions Director. The portfolio will reflect the overall client base and will include clients requiring accounting services.
Accounting services must be provided independently of audit services and the successful applicant must be able to recognise when independence can be compromised and be able to operate adequate safeguards.
The semi-senior/supervisor will have a general responsibility for the administration of pension audits, specifically to ensure that the deadline for the completion of audits is achieved. This will include project management and liaison with third parties.
- Interacting with trustees to obtain information relevant to audits
- Planning, execution and completion of audits
- Agreeing to audit timetables with third parties
- Preparation of financial statements and annual reports
- Review of annual reports and financial statements for compliance with SORP
- Monitoring of progress and resolving any issues
- Resolution of issues arising from audit and accounting work
- Attendance at trustee meetings
- Supervision of other staff and the review of their work
- Reporting to Pensions Managers and the Director of Pensions
- Planning of resources
- Maintenance of databases.
- An understanding of the financial statements of pension schemes
- Practical experience of the application of the SORP (Statements of Recommended Practice)
- Awareness of Pensions Acts (1995, 2004) and associated regulations and codes of practice
- A broad understanding of occupational pensions
- Detailed understanding of pensions terminology
- Experience of auditing (training will be provided)
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/14175