Personal Tax Assistant (full or part time) required by top tier accountancy firm in Corby, Northamptonshire.
My client is a successful National and International accountancy practice. An opportunity exists to join the tax team in their Corby office location. The Personal Tax Assistant will undertake the initial accurate preparation of individual tax returns for review and submission and provide support to the existing Tax Managers and Partner.
This role would suit an individual with some relevant exposure to tax, whether it's from a generalist accounting environment or a specialised tax environment. You could be AAT qualified or ATT part or fully qualified. In addition, this role may also suit an individual seeking a return to work, even on a part time basis.
- Prepare personal tax returns for review and filing
- Manage a portfolio of clients
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) calculations
- Calculate rental income computations
- Liaise with the Accounts team to acquire accounts information of sole-traders and partnerships for tax return processing
- Contact and liaise with clients for information to prepare their returns and provide general support and advice to them as required
- Contact HMRC on behalf of clients to address issues that arise
- Review PAYE notices of coding and contact HMRC to make any necessary adjustments
- Liaise with investment managers to obtain any relevant investment and pension information
- Draft suitable correspondence to clients and HMRC on personal tax matters
- Maintain and update information on the client database
- Contribute ideas at regular tax team meetings to improve systems and processes and report on progress of clients' returns.
- Studying towards or qualified ATT (Association of Taxation Technicians) or equivalent
- Candidates deemed 'qualified by experience' with previous experience of preparing and processing personal tax returns will also be considered
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- An inquisitive and proactive approach
- Good IT skills - Ms Word, Excel plus any experience of CCH tax software expereince is advantageous but by no means essential
- Any additional accounts preparation and/or bookkeeping experience is also beneficial.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience (prorated for part time applicants)
- Opportunity to work within a top tier accountancy firm
- Opportunity for personal development
- Study support, for example towards the ATT qualification, if required
- On-site parking
- Additional benefits.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18622