This Oxfordshire based accountancy practice is now looking for a technically competent tax professional for a Personal Tax Assistant Manager position, based in Banbury. The firm will consider either a Personal Tax Assistant Manager who is looking for a new challenge with the potential to Manager, or a Personal Tax Senior who is looking for the first move into management.
Knowledge and experience of personal tax compliance is essential, more so than qualification, with the firm willing to consider candidates qualified by experience.
The Personal Tax Assistant Manager will ensure that the personal taxation compliance services are delivered in a cost-effective and timely manner, whilst retaining a quality service to the client. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with significant experience of working in personal tax to join an accountancy practice with a portfolio of clients across many sectors. They will carve a key role in the compliance team and progress in their personal tax career.
- Plan work effectively assessing the resources and time required to meet the statutory deadlines
- Contribute to the weekly team meetings, discussing staffing, billing, management and client issues and updating the partner on progress.
- Delegate work as appropriate, ensuring that employees have the appropriate skills and knowledge to complete the tasks, and providing guidance and direction as required
- Ensure that all budgets and timescales are met by employees for whom you have responsibility
- Ensure that policies and procedures are implemented effectively, delegating activities to team members as appropriate
- Ensure that any resourcing, performance, development or other employment issues are dealt with in
- a fair and equitable manner
- Provide support and assistance in the management of tax compliance activities, including reviewing tax work performed by more junior staff.
- Developing knowledge of Personal Tax clients and their related businesses to become the point of contact on day-to-day matters for the assigned clients.
- Seek to identify personal tax planning opportunities as part of the review process. Drawing to attention of partners/ clients as appropriate.
- Strive to gain experience to start to prepare tax advisory reports and proposals etc, liaising with the partner and other senior members of the tax team as required.
- Completing staff appraisals, monitoring and effective delegation, utilising the skills and knowledge within the existing team and sourcing additional knowledge
- Build an understanding of professional standards, ethics and risk management protocols
- Promoting the development of the practice
What we are looking for:
- Experienced tax professional, with a personal tax / private client tax background gained within accountancy practice
- Candidates qualified by experience are encouraged to apply
- An approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and well-being
- In depth Personal Tax knowledge
- Knowledge of Tax return production software and their uses and benefits.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Huge opportunity for personal and career development
- Extensive benefits package
- Study support
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always private and in confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialise in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/18650