Niche accountancy firm seek personal tax assistant manager to join their expanding team in Redditch.
My client is a quickly expanding and forward-thinking tax and accountancy business. With an existing high-profile core client base and unrivalled reputation for expertise, their client portfolio is expanding into the broader tax and accountancy market.
Reporting to and in support of the personal tax manager and tax director, you will join a small specialist tax team and maintain your own personal portfolio of clients. Clients are broad and complex and regardless of your existing level of tax knowledge and experience, you will learn and grow as a tax advisor. This role is predominately a personal tax compliance role however there will also be opportunities for involvement with tax consulting and advisory work.
This role will suit a talented tax professional with existing personal tax experience gained within the accountancy profession who is excited by the opportunity to take their career to the next level. You will further develop your tax knowledge and experience and grow your career in line with the expansion of the firm. This is not just another tax role but instead a genuinely unique and rare opportunity.
- Prepare tax returns for sole traders / self-employed and partnerships
- Complex tax returns for Non-domiciles with offshore interests
- Take ownership of an allocated personal tax client portfolio
- Calculate rental income computations
- P11D forms
- Liaise directly with Directors of Owner Managed Businesses (OMBs) and High Net Worth individuals (HNWs)
- Review and mentor junior tax staff and their work
- Liaise internally with accounts function to gather accounting information
- Ensure that service standards and technical accuracy is maintained and that a consistent approach is followed
- Opportunities for involvement with tax advisory and consulting.
- ATT and CTA qualified preferred
- Previous personal tax / private client tax experience
- Experience of sole trader, partnerships, non-domicile issues and property rental income would be advantageous
- Sound and up-to-date technical tax knowledge with the ability to research technical issues and reach conclusions on appropriate tax treatment
- An ability to identify issues on which clients would benefit from additional advice
- Self-motivated and proactive with excellent attention detail
- Strong Excel skills, previous experience with IRIS is beneficial but not essential.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience (negotiable)
- Career progression opportunities due to the ongoing expansion of the business
- Great opportunity to learn new skills and grow as a tax adviser due to the complex nature of the work and cases that you will be involved in
- Benefits including Pension
- On-site parking.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home Counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19689