Unique Personal Tax Assistant Manager opportunity working within high profile and specialist client sectors. Flexible / hybrid working from home, bonus scheme and a clear pathway of career progression all on offer.
Our client is a genuinely unique firm of accountants as they attend to the affairs and provide niche specialist advice to many high profile clients in the International entertainment, media and sports industry sectors.
This client portfolio provides amazing opportunities for the right person to develop specialist skills and experience, an opportunity that would not exist in most other accountancy & tax advisory practices.
Due to continued growth, they seek an experience Personal Tax Assistant Manager to join their expanding Personal Tax team. The role is ideally suited to a dedicated candidate that can take ownership and responsibility of their workload and work closely with both senior and junior members of the team. As the team and business continue to grow, the role offers a unique opportunity for the candidate to expand on their wider tax knowledge, with the potential to get involved with more complex advisory projects.
This role will suit tax professionals with a solid grounding within UK personal tax. In addition, any experience of Expatriate / Expat taxation, especially UK inbound, would be beneficial but is by no means essential. Regardless, this really is a rare opportunity to learn a skill set that few others have within the tax profession and deal with the affairs of prominent individuals.
- Managing a portfolio of clients, taking responsibility for ensuring their personal tax returns and computations are prepared to a high standard and on a timely basis
- Work with the clients directly to understand their requirements, identifying areas where more detailed advice may be required
- Overseeing annual compliance allocation
- Actively involved in ad hoc tax advice and queries
- Reviewing work prepared by tax associates and trainees
- Providing support to the Senior Tax Compliance Manager
- Working with management to develop and improve internal processes
- Working with other internal departments to deliver services to clients.
- Applications welcome from those qualified by experience as well as ATT / CTA / ACA - ICAEW / ACCA or equivalent qualifications
- Previous experience preparing and reviewing personal tax return and computations
- Previous experience working as a Personal Tax Assistant Manager, Tax Senior, Tax Executive or similar
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, researching or escalating as appropriate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team focused with strong organisational skills
- Any additional exposure to residency / domicile and international tax issues is advantageous but by no means essential.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Study support
- Flexible / hybrid working from home
- A clear pathway of progression
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health plan benefits
- Mobile phone
- Free on-site parking
- Christmas close down.
Interested? Want to learn more?
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21899 - Personal Tax Assistant Manager