Leading independent accountancy practice based in central Milton Keynes seek personal tax assistant to join their growing team.
My client is a large and leading independent accountancy firm based in central Milton Keynes. Due to expansion they are looking to add to their thriving tax team and have created a new vacancy for a tax assistant / associate / semi senior.
Working closely with the tax partner and tax manager, your primary responsibility will be the processing of personal tax returns for a large and diverse portfolio of existing clients. Clients are predominately individuals from owner managed businesses (OMBs) and limited companies. As a result, in addition to offering tax compliance services, this also creates opportunities to identify and develop tax planning and advisory work which you will also be involved with.
This role will suit someone who is looking to develop their current tax knowledge and progress, not just in the compliance aspects of the profession, but also to contribute to advisory aspects.
Responsibilities and areas you will be involved with;
- Preparation of personal Tax Returns and self assessment calculations
- Dealing directly with clients, HMRC and other third parties as necessary
- Taxation of trading income
- Basic Capital Allowances
- PAYE and National Insurance
- Capital Gains Tax
- Income from property
- Income from shares and other investments
- Personal tax planning
- Inheritance Tax
- Trust Tax
- ATT qualification preferred
- Previous experience or preparing / processing personal tax returns ESSENTIAL
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (particularly in writing)
- Be comfortable managing your own workload with guidance from the department manager.
What’s on offer;
- Competitive salary, negotiable, dependent upon experience
- Milton Keynes parking pass
- Flexible working schedule / hours
- Flexible benefits policy tailored to your personal preferences including Pension, Life insurance, circa 25 days holiday
- Excellent career and personal development prospects.
Interested? Want to learn more?
Register your interest by APPLYING TODAY or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job refs ABJ/15309.