We have been appointed by a firm of Accountants based in Kenilworth, Warwickshire to recruit a Personal Tax Compliance Manager to take responsibility for all personal tax compliance matters for a portfolio of clients.
The firm offers a comprehensive range of accountancy and business advisory services to private individuals and companies in many sectors across Warwickshire and the Midlands and this role will be responsible for preparing and submitting approximately 400 returns per year.
The firm has been operating in the region for over thirty years and has built a reputation through quality of service on a personal, yet professional basis. The small team delivers a full suite of accountancy services to their clients so a willingness to get involved in other aspects of accountancy during quieter periods in the tax calendar would be welcomed.
We are looking for a candidate who is preferably CTA/ATT/ACA/ACCA qualified, however candidates who have been working in tax long term, or candidates qualified by experience will be considered.
- Preparation/review of personal tax returns for a portfolio of individuals.
- Preferably, preparation of rental accounts and small income and expenditure accounts
- Review of LLP/partnership income tax computations prepared by the accounts team for partnership clients in your portfolio.
- Preparation/review and submission of forms P11D for a portfolio of businesses.
- Managing the work flow and deadlines, from obtaining information internally and externally to ensuring the work is completed in an appropriate time scale.
- Dealing with most aspects of the administration of the personal tax process.
- First point of contact for own portfolio of clients.
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries into personal tax returns.
What we are looking for:
- ATT or CTA qualified desirable
- Knowledge of tax software, as well as MS Office
- Experience of working within an accountancy practice
- Confidence in dealing with senior staff
- Ability to use own initiative and problem solve
- Possession of good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Well organised
- Ability to provide accurate work in a timely, cost-effective manner
- Motivated, committed and flexible, with the ability to meet deadlines
- A natural team player
- Knowledge of VAT and PAYE would be helpful
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Company benefits
- Part time working pattern considered including home working.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always private and in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21817