My client is a long established independent accountancy practice conveniently located in new offices in the centre of Birmingham. As part of a recent recruitment drive due to continued expansion they’re seeking an experienced Personal Tax Manager to join their team.
- Providing support and advice on all matters relating to personal tax, including Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Income tax, partnership tax and Tax issues relating to UK family Trusts, as required to partners, clients and staff
- Dealing with HMRC correspondences behalf of clients including routine and specialist tax enquiry work
- Assisting (where necessary) with the collection, processing and submission of Self-Assessment tax returns for both Individuals, Businesses, Partnerships and Trusts
- Assisting with the preparation of Inheritance Tax forms in order to obtain Grants of Probate.
- Planning and delivering course and articles for both clients and to the outside world for both practice development and updating clients
- Growing the personal tax department to include quoting for new work
- Supervising and assisting more junior staff with training and career development within the tax department
- Supporting the Audit and accounts department with issues relating to personal tax both for employees and Directors covering all issues from PAYE, P11ds, tax efficient profit extraction, benefits in kind etc.
- The role involves a wide breath of topics concerning small, medium and large businesses personal tax issues together with a knowledge of Trusts and Estates, Wills and Inheritance Tax planning
- The right candidate will be involved with partners, senior staff and clients in order to help them arrange all issues of their family finances in a tax efficient manner.
- Relevant tax qualification (CTA, ATT) preferred
- Previous experience of providing tax services to clients ideally including personal tax, inheritance tax, capital gains tax, income tax, partnership tax and tax issues relating to UK family trusts
- A professional manner at all times with excellent communication and client liaison skills.
What’s on offer;
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Career progression opportunities
- Great working environment in new offices without a culture of overtime
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/15147