Personal Tax Senior opportunity with expanding and award winning accountancy firm. Flexible working on offer including working from home and offices in Birmingham or Leicester.
My client is a reputable accountancy firm that is growing both nationally and internationally. They seek an experienced Personal Tax Senior to join their Birmingham office. Their continued growth has been both organic and through high profile mergers and acquisitions. They have won recent National awards and it is an exciting time to join the business.
You will be joining a sizeable 100+ person operation. Teams are friendly and dynamic, everyone is approachable and ready to support each other. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career. Most of the work will be delivered for the Birmingham office however, my client is flexible on your location with surrounding regional offices including in Leicester.
The role of Personal Tax Senior is to manage and carry out the production of personal tax returns and computations for Partners/Managers and your own portfolio. In addition, there will be the opportunity to get involved in tax advisory work for clients also.
- Manage and carry out the production of personal tax returns and computations
- Manage your own portfolio of clients including High Net Worth Individuals (HNW) and Owner Managed Businesses (OMBs)
- Support Partners and Managers with their client portfolio
- Train, support and mentor junior staff
- Respond to tax queries from Partners & Managers
- Liaise between and with other service lines
- Correspondence with clients and external agencies
- Trusts, Inheritance Tax (IHT), Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
- Ad hoc advisory work.
We are keen to hear from candidates with as much of the following as possible;
- ATT studier or qualified (Association of Taxation Technicians)
- Varied, up-to-date practical and technical personal tax compliance knowledge
- 2+ years practical personal tax compliance experience preparing personal tax returns
- Understanding and experience in areas of tax including IHT, Trusts, CGT
- Basic accounts knowledge
- Able to train and support junior staff
- Strong IT skills - Tax software, Xero, Sage, CaseWare, Alphatax, Excel etc
- Commercially aware team player with a client focus
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
What's on offer:
- Agile / flexible working with a genuine work life balance focus. Most of the work will be delivered for the Birmingham office however, my client is flexible on your location both at home and within surrounding offices including their Leicester office
- Competitive base salary
- Reward and recognition bonus scheme
- Car lease scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy or sell an additional 5 days
- Full and flexible benefits package tailored to you
- Flexible and relaxed work environment - open plan office
- Personal career development and succession plan with supportive management structure.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21845 - Personal Tax Senior