Rare Plant Financial Controller opportunity within an expanding global manufacturer based in Solihull, South Birmingham.
Our client, a leading global manufacturer, has ambitious expansion plans focussed on their UK operations in the West Midlands. This includes doubling the size of plant production and future installation of market leading, state of the art manufacturing operational systems and processes. As Plant Controller, you will have full financial controllership of one of their largest European plants, current annual revenues circa $150million.
Working in close collaboration with the General Manager and central finance team, you will manage the finance department on site and support the plant management team to maintain and improve financial reporting whilst driving improvements and awareness of budgetary issues throughout the plant.
- Management of plant finance team and liaison with UK central accounting team
- Work in collaboration with senior management team including central finance and General Manager
- In conjunction with UK central accounting, prepare all plant monthly & quarterly financial reporting
- Management of Month end preparation & reporting of results including all levels of data analysis (P&L and Balance sheets)
- Monitor key performance measures against agreed targets and detail as part of monthly reviews
- Manage all aspects of Budgeting and Forecasting process in accordance with group requirements
- Assist UK central accounting in Cash-flow forecasting and reporting to EU treasury
- Managing the monthly Sales analysis ensuring all sales and associated sales are reported accurately in ERP system
- Act as facilitator for financial queries generating reports/ correspondence and delegating where necessary
- In conjunction with UK accounting acting as interface to external auditors
- Assist with physical Stock Takes as to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the process
- Attend Plant Management meetings
- Ensure standard costs are correct and participate in costing and RFQ process
- Analysis of Financial data to identify improvement opportunities, working closely with the senior operations management team
- Proactively developing and improving the Plant Finance Controller role with the aim of ensuring the financial department can meet/exceed the required results
- Following and maintaining sound EH&S practices
- Ad hoc projects or tasks assigned to you by the senior management team.
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) or qualified by experience
- Working knowledge of a high volume, complex finance department within a manufacturing setting
- Understanding of all commercial aspects and key drivers relating to a fast paced manufacturing plant operation
- "Can Do" / "Hands On" attitude and approach with propensity to problem solve
- Precise and organised with the ability to manage time effectively and prioritise tasks
- Decision making with confidence and resolve
- Previous experience of managing a team of finance personnel
- Computer literate in all common Microsoft applications including Excel
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodologies advantageous.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary (negotiable) plus benefits to include car allowance and bonus
- Genuinely unique opportunity to be part of ambitious expansion plans including doubling the size of plant production and future installation of market leading, state of the art manufacturing operations.
- Uncapped future career development and progression.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley or Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19709