A key focus for this Northampton based accountancy firm is a Practice Accountant who wants an opportunity to progress their career and in turn be a part of the succession plan. The expectation is that the Practice Accountant's responsibilities will expect to grow substantially over the next few years in line with the growth of the practice. The headcount of the firm has quadrupled in the last five years and there is a determination for this growth to continue.
The Practice Accountant will work directly for the 2 partners and as such, would be a key member of staff, both partners wishing to give up some of their role in a fast-paced environment. The role will suit someone who can work in a senior capacity and take on tasks with a high degree of independence.
- Year end accounts preparation from double entry books and from incomplete records.
- Management of the practice year end admin to ensure timely filing.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax computations.
- Preparation Self-Assessment tax returns.
- Some Tax and National Insurance planning, especially in relation to owner managed companies and their directors.
- Communicate with clients.
- Guidance to staff in relation to bookkeeping, VAT and PAYE.
What we are looking for:
- Ideally an ACCA or ACA qualified practice professional but would consider part qualified/AAT or similar for the right candidate.
- Proven practice experience.
- Having a good understanding of FRS 102 and FRS 105
- Have a rounded knowledge of tax
- Someone who wants to develop their knowledge and ability and grow within the practice
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Study support
- Genuine progression and opportunity
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21808