Growing Oxfordshire accountancy firm require experienced Tax Manager to provide tax and wealth planning services to an existing portfolio of private clients.
My client is a very successful regional accountancy practice who have experienced double digit growth in each of the last 5 years. They require an experienced private client tax manager to provide tax and wealth planning services to an existing private client portfolio.
As Private Client Tax Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, organising, leading and control of the work of the Tax and Wealth Planning Department. The role will be approximately 70% advisory and 30% compliance with a particular focus on projects such as land sales for property development and the resulting capital gains taxes and reliefs. Creating new business opportunities is an important part of the role both from within existing clients and clients new to the firm. You will also have a small team to support and mention through their training. The role is based in Banbury with the option/requirement to work from their Northamptonshire office on occasion.
- Provide tax and wealth planning services to a portfolio of private clients - Clients may have many business interests including limited companies and LLPs set up for tax reasons
- Develop knowledge of clients and their businesses so as to become their point of contact on day-to-day matters
- Assist the Private Client Partner with creating and delivering both individual and business tax planning solutions to high net worth (HNW) individual clients
- Assist the Private Client Partner as a focal point of tax knowledge within the firm
- Seek to identify business and personal tax planning opportunities as part of the review process.
- Assist the Private Client Partner in taking responsibility for the proactive promotion of the firm
- Reviewing Tax work performed by more junior staff
- Staff supervision, training, mentoring and appraisal
- Workload planning and delegation.
- CTA or equivalent tax qualification
- ACCA or ACA qualified desirable
- Minimum of 3 years proven tax experience within an accountancy practice environment
- In depth Personal Tax and Capital Taxes knowledge
- Tax return production software experience, ideally Sage Tax
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels
- Pro-active management skills with strong active listening skills
- Strong commercial awareness with marketing and business development skills.
Interested? Apply today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17279