We have a long standing relationship with this retail business based in Leicester. With over 500 stores nationally, the business needs to conform to the new leases standard - IFRS 16.
Virtually every company that uses rentals or leasing as a means to obtain access to assets, will be affected by the new standard.
As a result, the business has created the role of Property Accountant, to assume responsibility for this process within their finance department based in Leicester. Reporting into the Financial Planning and Reporting Manager and will be responsible for all property accounting within the group.
This role would suit a part qualified accountant, IFRS16 experience is not a pre-requisite, who wants to take on a role that is both technical and commercial. On the technical perspective, you will need to get to grips with the new accounting standard and commercially, build relationships with key stakeholders in the business - Commercial Directors, Legal, Finance, Retail Directors.
- Implementation and monthly management of IFRS16 process
- Management of reporting and process changes for the implementation of IFRS16
- Accounting for all property charges for inclusion in management and financial accounts
- Preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts for all property costs
- Management of the property database and expert user of IFRS16 software
- Produce monthly store contribution reports
- Analyse contribution for company divisional accounts
- Participation in various projects to automate the finance reporting models
- Assistance in the production of monthly management accounts
- Various ad-hoc duties as required
What we are looking for:
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- Team player with ability to work on own initiative
- Self-starter with clear vision of career progression
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate finance issues with non-finance colleagues
- Previous experience in fast paced finance environment, ideally in retail
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Study support
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/19721