This global, award winning, top tier accountancy firm, is seeking a Public Sector Audit Manager or Assistant Manager to join their team in Birmingham to carry out audit and advisory work to their large portfolio of public sector clients within the NHS and local government.
This firm has become a leading firm in the provision of audit services to the public sector in the UK. The Public Sector Audit Manager will play a pivotal role within the audit department. The team provides a wide range of audit and wider assurance services. Their people are committed to delivering best-in-class assurance services.
- Supervising audit teams on site, reviewing the work of Associates and assisting senior audit managers in project management and client liaison.
- Managing the overall delivery of a portfolio of audits, developing the audit strategy and planning
- Acting as the key audit contact with senior client officers and those charged with governance
- Maintaining strong and effective working relationships with client staff at all levels
- Alongside other Managers, reporting to a Senior Manager on large complex audit assignments, as well as managing a small low risk portfolio of clients as manager.
- Carry out work profitably and on a timely basis, in accordance with the firm's professional standards and to the satisfaction of our clients and audit senior managers / RI's.
- Supporting the team in delivering a quality audit to timetable, and contribute to a continuous improvement ethos for the team and providing insightful comments to report to the client.
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA)
- Post-qualified experience in audit within practice and the public sector
- Good working knowledge of compliance and regulation
- Ability to support and mentor team members
- An exceptional team player, juggling a number of clients with conflicting demands.
- Effectively support audit senior managers to ensure work fulfils audit objectives and quality standards.
- Technically strong with a good audit grounding, preferably encompassing Pension Schemes but if not, a willingness to learn.
What's On Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive flexible benefits package.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist finance and accounting recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of APSCo and TEAM and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/21775