Excellent opportunity for an experienced and competent purchase ledger clerk to join a leading professional services firm in Milton Keynes.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director and working within the central administration team, the Purchase Ledger Clerk will have a number of responsibilities including; collating, recording and processing all invoices and partner expense forms and the payment of suppliers within the restrictions of payment terms and the firm's cash flow.
- Process all supplier invoices via SAP system in a timely manner and obtaining the correct authorisations
- Process all unauthorised invoices (purchase orders) via SAP system in a timely manner and distribute to offices for authorisation
- Query & obtain correct coding for invoices where required
- Chase outstanding unauthorised invoices (purchase orders) once a week
- Maintain purchase ledgers and resolve queries
- Process twice monthly BAC's payments, cheques and one off BAC's/CHAPS payments
- Filing of invoices
- Co-ordinating with the Financial Accountants for the setting up of any new direct debits
- Co-ordinating and updating utilities contracts
- Liaison with each office's administration staff regarding queries on coding and mispostings
- Reconciliation of supplier statements on timely basis
- Answering queries from suppliers and internal departments
- Preparation of month end reconciliations within given deadlines
- Preparation and posting of month end journals for office recharges
- VAT - claim/code correctly
- Check and process partner's expenses via SAP system to include in the monthly payment runs
- Process partner's car lease invoices
- Monthly pay forecast for financial director
- Provide analysis for departments when required
- Ad hoc projects.
- Good knowledge of purchase ledger systems
- Good knowledge of VAT
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff across the group companies
- IT literate - Excel, Word and SAP (although SAP not essential)
- Ability to analyse and reconcile data to answer queries on supplier and nominal ledger accounts
- Ability to think "outside of the box"
- Proactive attitude - constantly looking for efficiencies and ways to implement.
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialises in the positive recruitment of finance, accountancy and human resources professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/15325